The class covers the process of designing solutions to organizational problems by understanding both social and technological aspects of various information technologies that enable innovation. The lectures will follow the general theme of web science and designs science research. Students will prinarily follow the design science research method, and build artifacts and evaluate them, around a given theme.
This year the theme is on challenges in the retail industry.
Social and organizational theory covered in the course:
• Systems theory, communication theory and organization theory,
• basics of open innovation, open research, interactive value creation and open evaluation.
The course will also cover some basic principles behind the following technologies:
• Theory, Infrastructure and underlying technologies of the world wide web
• Web scripting and markup languages and associated design theory.
• Internet of Things and associated technologies
Please register on Studon, password will be announced in class. Kickoff: 19.10.2017 08:00
(Lectures and exercises)